Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On a Yoga Ball



I've recently started using a yoga ball instead of a chair at work. I thought it could help strengthen my abdomen and back muscles since I was injured in a skiing accident and needed some self-administered rehabilitation. I also thought it could help improve my posture, since I have always had the posture of a mound of Jell-O. I didn't start using it to achieve a higher level of Eastern clarity and eventually have a zen-gasm. Now I find myself slouching all over it like chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream. But it's bouncy and I can also do this really cool trick where I set the ball in an open path and run and dive at it, rolling all the way across it from my fingertips, down my extended arms, across my straightened body to the tips of tippy-toes. For a brief moment it feels like I am flying. On a yoga ball.

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

yoga ball?

Jeremy said...

Whenever I screw around on yoga balls, I usually just end up hurting myself or straining my back. Keep up the innovative YB moves!

Netti said...

Have ye seen the office episode of Dwight and his Yoga-ish ball? Because this completely reminded me of that.

jamielyn said...

ZENGASM yukyukyuk. nice yoga balls.

now i'm switchin' my mind back into freak mode. regulators! mount up.