Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sleeping On the Job


I was so tired at work yesterday that I decided to take a nap. I work in a standard office, you know. There's no place to lay down. So I decided to put on my sunglasses, slouch down in my chair, put my hand on my mouse (no penis jokes please, this is a family friendly website), and pointed my face towards my computer screen. I then zonked out for about 15 or 20 minutes. The funny thing about it is that I share a desk with someone (it's a big desk). She sits about a foot and a half away from me, right smack dab next to me, and she never noticed I was sleeping. I think I've stumbled onto something great.

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

Good work!

When I worked at Edwards Furniture with Austin, if there wasn't much going on in the way of deliveries and we didn't want to get roped into doing pointless and exhausting busy work, we'd often go and take naps.
One time we just went to some display bunk beds and went right to sleep. I woke up to a little kid saying: "Mom, there's a guy in the top bunk and one in the bottom and they're both asleep."

Ann Marie said...

Sa-Weet! You are the Master of the Universe!

Is that a photo you took on your little trip?

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

i once worked in a job where i was supposed to be knocking over dead trees with a backhoe. My brilliant idea was to climb into the bucket of the backhoe and have my co-worker elevate it to it's maximum. Our wiley boss would have to have a helicopter to catch me snoozin'. Lucky for me, he didn't.

Forget the fact that sleeping on hard steel baking in the hot summer sun vaguely resembles making cookies.

Best time of my life!

miss lee said...

This is what you emailed me on Monday! I come here to read funny ORIGINAL stories of the Hassenpfeffer, not a copy of my email. Step it up, Cone! You're slacking. Write about ditching the guy in Puerto Rico. Now that's a story I'd like to read with your brilliant ability to create the visuals with your words.

But to add, too bad you don't work with little kids. When I'm tired & hung over, I say, "Let's pretend we're in preschool & have nap time," to get my snooze in.

CJ said...

Ha that's great. I've done that, when I worked at a warehouse. Made me a nice bed of boxes. Later, some of the other warehouse giys just got a couch.