Sunday, November 8, 2009

Step Off the Train, Sir




Once I stowed away on TRAX without buying a pass. Instead of being vigilant and watching for UTA cops to board, I zoned out and rode illegally with no regard for my own well being. So when the cop asked to see my ticket, I told him I had none.

"Step off the train with me, sir," he instructed. I obeyed. There was also a girl about my age that got busted and deboarded.

As the two cops walked us over to a bench, she whispered to me, "Please say you'll be my witness in all of this." I didn't know if she was talking about religion or what. The uniformed busters looked called her name and info in, and were told that the girl had been banned from riding TRAX until 2040. That's the year 2040. She gave them tons of lip and harassment, which ended up working in my favor, because when they came to me I fully fessed up to the error of my ways and gave them nothing but polite responses and meek countenance. I think they were so burned out on the hippy-hellion girl that they let me go with nothing but an official warning.

They still made me walk home, though.

3 comments:

Kim & Clay said...

Good escape. I'm proud, brother.

miss lee said...

Wait, you're telling me it isn't free? I was under the impression it was free in SLC, and have always ridden it without a ticket. My ex must've lied to me like he did about everything else...that bastard! :)

[Hope our conversation got you back to writing again....other than texting that is. Got me thinking about my own blogs & by chance saw this. Keep it up.]

Nelda said...

I like hearing your stories again.