Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hindy Anchor EEK!





Again to the desert, this time moving up up UP! The cracks in my fingers look like the cracks we climbed at Indian Creek. The weather was unexpected and perfect. The night was so quiet that I couldn't sleep. Nothing moved. I couldn't hear one plant brushing against itself or the ground or another plant. I couldn't hear one mouse or lizard. I heard some no-namer snoring his balls off, and was nervous to scootch too close to his sleeping wife. I have to live with the Midnight Groper. I am Dr. Jekyll knowingly living with the peligrous Mr. Hyde. But the night passed without sound and without incident, and the following birthday-day was doubly birthday to everyone. The Creek turned one billion and one years old, so we all got drunk on cupcakes, climbing routes, and each other. CJ and Holly also had birthdays, which combined didn't add up to half the age of The Creek.

Once again the desert brought us home; then home brought the desert again, once.

1 comment:

holly jo said...

Cute. aren't you just so lucky...you get to hang with the babes on their birthdays.