Monday, March 31, 2008

Pitbulls and Me: There's not enough room on my front lawn for both of us.


The other day I got home from work, got out of my car, and started walking towards my front porch, when out of hell or somewhere a Pitbull came charging at me across my front lawn. It was screaming bloody dog-bark murder at me. I saw fire and Dick Cheney in its eyes and would have wet my pants in fear if any of my bodily systems worked. At the last second, instinct kicked in and I shouted, "NO!", with a quick raising of my arms. The sudden motion startled the raging demon-train of dog, causing it to jump back. That bought me just enough time to leap up my stair case and run inside, slamming the door like a bank vault behind me. I leaned back across my door for a moment, catching my breath. After the feeling of pure fear subsided a bit, I was suddenly filled with intense anger, realizing that most likely that dog belonged to someone out there, probably someone who was out there right then. Maybe they even witnessed the whole thing. I assumed they must know the personality of their dog, and I got madder and madder that they would let it outside with other people, including women and children and the elderly and people who seriously believe that G."WTF"B. has done a pretty good job, walking around. That they would recklessly release their weapon of mass destruction in my peaceful neighborhood did upset me so. I opened my door (more like just barely cracked it enough to fit my mouth out) and yelled into the dark night, "Hey! Keep that thing on a leash!" Man, Sugarhouse is a dangerous place.

6 comments:

Netti said...

Now I'm gonna be nervous everytime I come over that some bull dog is gonna jump out of the bushes and bite me. Damn it all.

Jeremy said...

Dumb dog. Glad to hear you made it inside without a chunk of your flesh taken out. I've had my fair share of sprinting from dogs and I've even been peed on by dogs, needless to say I'm more of a cat person. I've never been chased or urinated on by a cat.

Ann Marie said...

I'm oh so glad you're alive! Your wit saved you this time, but next time it could be death for you!

holly jo said...

regarding your comment...the reason your picture doesn't show up is because you have to set it as a profile picture...come on coner, you can do it!
Numnuctive number.... -1.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING....this time is for living...HAPPY THANKSGIVING...

B-DAWG FO REALS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B-DAWG FO REALS said...

I was perusing the cnn.com page the other day and clicked on a video link titled "Woman bites dog, saves her pet." Turns out one of those pit bulls attacked her dog- probably the same pit bull that was going after you. In an attempt to try and save her dog, she bit the pit (that's slang for pit bull... maybe. I'm no dog person). It worked. She made it bleed. That's right, she bit the pit. Now that's what I call love. Side-note: the pit bull may have been rabid. NBD. Who cares about rabies anyway?